Saturday 23 March 2013

Chris Bower

If you like Country Rock, you will love what I have for you today.

With the aptly named debut, Gotta Start Somewhere Chris Bower has come into the industry with a bang (!). Bower first came into the singer/songwriter industry in May of 2012, from that he was in a song writing competition; which led to a day in the studio. After which also led to a full album, shows you don't need to win to get where you want!

Now if you haven't been listening to Bower's music whilst reading this then don't worry here is a link to his website for all of the album.
https://www.facebook.com/ChrisBowerMusic

Even though he's unsigned he is getting quite a following, and has been playing in various venues in and around the UK, including Suffolk and Essex.

The title track of the album Gotta Start Somewhere is an upbeat head bobbing song. Mixed with his country, Axl Rose vocals this record is an easy listener.

My first listen of the album was a very happy one, Bower has managed to create 12 very catchy tracks that are good for listening to in any situation, they are feel good tracks. They are the type of tracks that you can listen to again and again and still love, because they will still grow on you each time.

After listening to the album (a lot!) I have come to the decision that my favourite is Life On The Open Road with its awesome backing track, I just know you will love it.

The track listing for the album is...
Gotta Start Somewhere
All Love Is
Angel Missing In Heaven
If We Could
Life On The Open Road
Days In The Dark
Know Where We Are
This Moment With You (feat. Lucy Sampson)
All I Wanted
If You Were My Queen
A Song For Leaving
If We Could (Acoustic Version)

If I were you I could try and see him live, the feeling from the album (especially the acoustic song) I can tell he would be brilliant! I will keep you updated for when that day comes about, but for now definitely, definitely, definitely listen to the album on Spotify, or buy it on iTunes now!!

If you want a review or to suggest one, comment below or find me on Twitter @LHutchon
Moustacheyousomething.

No comments:

Post a Comment